BRU Server - Tape Support Technology
BRU Server provides native support of all tape devices that work properly under your operating system.
No special, costly software drivers are needed and BRU Server can stream the most modern tape technology.
BRU Server Tape Support Includes:
- Compatibility with most modern SCSI, SAS and Fibre Channel tape drives.
- Compatibility with most modern tape technologies (i.e. LTO, DLT, SDLT, AIT, SAIT, VXA).
- Compatibility with most modern SCSI, SAS and Fibre Channel libraries containing any number of tape drives.
- Support any number of tape slots in a library*.
- Support of multiple libraries attached to the system running BRU Server - no special licensing is
- The ability to define "Destinations" as a fixed set of slots.
- The assignment of "Destinations" from a pool of free slots as needed.
- The allocation of slots within a tape library in an arbitrary manner.
- Ability to define and exclude from use sets of tape cartridge slots.
- Ability to write concurrent, non-interleaved data streams to multiple tape drives within a tape
- Support of variable block mode to allow modern tape drives to achieve their maximum performance
- TapeAlert™ notifications to monitor and report connectivity issues, dirty tape drives, bad tape drives, and bad tapes.
- Bar code reader support†.
- Unique Drive Autobalancing™ that spreads loads across multiple drives within a library to
assure enhanced library hardware uptime, preventing the overuse of a single drive mechanism.
- An efficient data layout on tape to optimize utilization of tape cartridge capacity.
- By default, tapes are overwritten in a backup destination only when older than the last full backup,
assuring retention of the most recent data.
- Tape life is extended because erasure is not required like other tools - BRU Server's policy to
overwrite renders the existing data on tape irretrievable.
*Libraries that have 100 or more slots require the large library support add-on.
**Special licesning is not required for multiple libraries unless any of the libraries attached have more than 100 slots.
†For libraries only and library must have a barcode reader installed.